Many people ask what I’d like to receive in care packages. Quite honestly, I don’t NEED anything and don’t want to become dependent on outside resources during my commitment to living in Adaba. But there are treats I would LOVE if you send something. Sending flat-rate USPS boxes or envelopes is best!
Here are things I would LOVE:
- pictures of you and info about your life!
- almonds (non-salted)
- packets of tuna, chicken, or salmon
- cheese (laughing cow, parmesan, cheddar or pepper jack–you CAN send blocks of cheese without refrigeration)
- nice books or articles you’ve come across lately
- old magazines
- boxed wine (hide it in a tampon box, like my friend Monica!)
- dark chocolate
- dried raspberries or craisons
- Crystal Light (especially raspberry lemonade, raspberry green tea, or Mohito flavors!)
- nail polish
- bar shampoo, like this stuff: http://www.lushusa.com/Shampoos/liquid-shampoos,en_US,sc.html
- orbit gum